The COASSON Funeral Coach. A Dignified and Cost Effective Vehicle Solution for Conveyance and Display
Immediate cost savings in a market seeing declining revenues
1. Purchase price of the Coasson is approximately 1/3 the cost of a typical new coach
and less than the cost of a typical 8 year old used coach.
2. Coasson can be coupled with any vehicle capable of towing 3200 pounds. Funeral homes have
the option of selecting any brand of vehicle from a sedan or SUV to a cross-over or a van and
from a “low cost” model to a luxury class vehicle. Even a Tesla Model S has the capability
of towing a Coasson and when towing a unit of this size the range remains at 76%. Profiles of
the contemporary vehicles and interior trims make such selections acceptable depending on
the specific demographic and provide great flexibility for funeral homes. Provided the color
and perhaps the wheels (an available option) match the total unit is a very attractive
- Creative funeral homes will use the draw vehicle as a family car or pall bearer vehicle
and others will take the opportunity to pass or stop at a place of “final call” much as a
police or fire procession does for last call with the Coasson carrying the casket or urn
and UrnArk® and family in the lead vehicle. Many new options including thumb-drive
video or still portraits and custom music options are possible in the vehicle.
- Coasson coupled with a fleet discounted Cadillac Escalade equipped with the Coasson
package (see point 5) is less total cost to purchase than a new Cadillac hearse for
- Coasson is positioned to sell any General Motors vehicle(s) at fleet discount pricing in
tandem with Coasson sales.
- Coasson significantly reduces cost of ownership by approximately 70% annually
compared to a motorized coach.
a. Lower maintenance costs (oil, fuel, engine maintenance, etc.)
b. Lower license fees
c. Lower insurance cost
d. Eliminated model obsolescense
e. Typically eliminates the need of one vehicle from the fleet in addition to the hearse as the Coasson has adequate room for flowers and the draw vehicle can serve as the lead vehicle.
- Coasson Edition vehicles are delivered with front, side, and rear purple strobe lights
and the Coasson is equipped with adequate purple funeral strobe lighting on the front,
sides, and rear. Strobe lighting is tasteful and professionally integrated into the body of
the vehicles rather than appearing as an add-on. Vehicle option package is the luxury
package all wheel drive, towing package, trailer hitch and wiring assembly, 3-D chrome
name plate affixed to the Coasson and the vehicle, and matching wheels.
- Coasson is designed to facilitate one funeral director managing a funeral service with
casket or urn since only one vehicle is required and the Coasson is designed to make
handling the remains in either casket or urn an easy and efficient process.
a. All Coassons are delivered with standardly equipped UrnArk®.
b. Rear up-swinging door makes operation easy
c. Slide-out loading floor allows for easy loading and unloading of caskets, UrnArk®, or shrouded bodies on pallets for green burials.
d. Coasson is standardly equipped with a back-up camera and eight inch wireless screen on suction cup arm so rear view is very easy and broadly encompassing and the screen is easily transferable between vehicles.
e. Electric stabilization jack with dolly is mounted on the front main cross member out of sight and makes hooking, unhooking, and managing the Coasson an easy one-person task.
Financial considerations unique to the Coasson value proposition are designed to preserve the
funeral home cash flow position in the near term as well as throughout the course of the
1. Existing fleet equipment can be purchased from the funeral home for cash at a price of
guaranteed wholesale value minimum or more depending on condition or (excepting
hearses) traded on the new vehicle(s) for the fleet supporting the Coasson.
2. Coasson credit approval including fleet vehicles and soft goods (embalming machines,
urns, chemicals, etc.) when appropriate takes 4 hours using a simple electronic
application process and can be completed and submitted by the sales representative or
the funeral home executive to Coasson financing.
3. Coasson and UrnArk(r) can be delivered in 3 to 5 weeks. Fleet vehicle may take up-to 60 days.
4. Coasson, fleet vehicles, and soft goods sold in the package may be financed for any period from 12 to 60 months with no early payoff penalty.
5. Financing is with no recourse to Coasson or to the sales organization.
6. Sales organization may include other products (soft goods) in the package with a value up to 20% of the total vehicle financed value. Embalming machines with serial numbers listed separately on the sales contract would not be included in the 20% additional product total.
Coasson presents many new revenue and marketing opportunities for innovative and flexible
funeral homes who charge for or include some services as well as providing a potential
opportunity to lower services selling prices while maintaining attractive margins due to lower
1. Coasson can be coupled to the deceased’s favorite vehicle using a permanent or
temporary hitch for procession to service and/or interment.
2. Coasson can transport remains (casket or cremains and UrnArk®) to distant locations instead of using air tray and shipping services. Family can accompany. Funeral assistant is a very good option and funeral home increases revenue as well as service. Families have an choice that is an attractive option to cremation because they have a way to handle a body and casket.
*Coasson is negotiating to have a Coasson App with Uber in which a funeral home can
dispatch Uber business (NOT the typical Uber drive: car can not be over 2 years old and
driver is vetted and has uniform requirements) to take a family to an airport if death call
happens in a distant city. Or Uber may bring family and Coasson to the funeral home from a
3. Coasson can, in states allowing services without funeral director involvement, be used by families who choose not to use the funeral home for anything beyond removal and cremation or now perhaps embalming. Having methodology to move embalmed remains may increase the embalming market in some locals.
4. Coasson increases marketing opportunity in that all Coassons are standardly equipped with a 12 inch diameter insignia of each branch of the United States military, a Christian cross, Star of David, police insignia, fire insignia, and a frame. The frame is enclosed to accommodate a photo, printed matter such as a Bible verse, poem, etc. This unique copyrighted feature customizes the presentation very tastefully. Also included are two American flags on 14 inch masts to be affixed to the Coasson when carrying an honorably discharged veteran or first responder.
- When carrying a spouse of a veteran to a veterans’ cemetery it is suggested that
the veteran be invited to ride in the tow vehicle and the emblem attached to the
tow vehicle to salute the service of the veteran.
- Frame is a method to customize the Coasson as the casket or UrnArk(r) is loaded and the congregation is gathered.
- Insignias may be placed in the Coasson windows or on the forward landau panel
above the Scoville bar.
5. Coassons uniquely showcase urns and facilitate the use of floral blankets or draped American flags when using the UrnArk(r) in a manner not seen in any other funeral vehicle.
6. Coasson capitalizes on the heritage of a caisson while providing the prestige of a coach, that heritage presenting a marketing opportunity for creative funeral homes.
7. UrnArk® provides new revenue and marketing opportunities.
- Can be rented to families who, in states in which cremation is final disposition,
wish to have services or celebration of life services on their own absent funeral
- UrnArk® can be sold to cemeteries and/or churches who have bereavement
committees and who serve families absent the funeral home.
- UrnArk® can be marketed as facilitating pallbearers, casket style floral sprays,
military flags, or, in some diocese, palls, all features not possible with typical urn
presentations or with most other urn bearers.
- UrnArk® accommodates casket corner medallions which can be sold as
mementos separately and attached to the UrnArk® during viewing and service
as well as frames for photos or other materials, or iPads for still pictures, videos,
or specially-selected music.
8. Coasson can make available a book, authored by a Coasson executive officer, which is designed to accommodate contributing author involvement by individual funeral homes using a questionnaire format to develop the individual funeral home contribution. The resulting site-specific book would be of value in pre-need sales and general marketing.
Value vs Hearse
Average cost of a Hearse
Initial Loan Amount $140,000
Interest Rate 6.5%
for 5 Yrs (60 mos)
Average cost of a Coasson with an UrnArk included
Initial Loan Amount $40,000
Interest Rate 6.5%
for 5 Yrs (60 mos)
Calculate your actual cost
minus any downpayment below.